As an Amazon seller, you can access various useful applications and resources. Which one, if any, will help you earn the most money?
Making educated choices is crucial while doing Amazon product research.
You can find your next best-seller if you have the right software and tools.
As a matter of fact, the software is used by the majority of Amazon sellers to run their businesses. About 21% of them have plans to invest in one this year.
Is Unicorn Smasher the right tool for you?
Or for anyone?
Is it a scam or a legit product search tool that can help you with your Amazon FBA business?
I’m going to review multiple aspects of Unicorn Smasher to decide if it really is the best Amazon FBA tool out there.
I’ll discuss whether Amazon FBA is the right online business for you.
Unicorn Smasher is pretty similar to most other FBA programs. They pitch you on the “dream” of running a profitable e-commerce business that can generate cash while you sleep.
All without having to invest much money upfront into things like inventory & advertising…
Too good to be true?
Not necessarily – Amazon FBA programs have certainly minted a few online millionaires.
It was actually one of the first online business models I made money with.
So as far as making money online goes, there are A LOT worse things you could be doing than Amazon FBA.
That being said, you shouldn’t start a business because “it’s not as bad” as some other type of business – it needs to stand on its own merits.
Choosing between the lesser of two evils always results in, ya know – evil.
So in this Unicorn Smasher review, I’m going to break down exactly who FBA is good for, and who should avoid it.
There are a few important things you need to keep in mind when considering FBA as a business:
- Finding winning products
- Time (the most valuable thing of all)
Again, it’s 100% possible to make legitimate money with FBA, but it’s NOT a simple business.
Let’s talk about why:
Operations: The big pitch with FBA is that you don’t really need to do much because Amazon handles all the heavy lifting (shipping, packing, returns, etc.).
That’s cool and all, except for the fact that Amazon actually has incredibly strict guidelines that you need to follow to even be able to ship out of their warehouses – something most programs don’t tell you about in their awesome marketing materials.
This process typically takes a solid 4-5 hours alone. So unless you have a very large team, this step is going to take up a lot of your time.
That doesn’t mean FBA is bad – it just means you need to know what you’re getting into. A “passive income business” is not what you’re going to get with Unicorn Smasher.
Some courses will teach you how to outsource all of this prep to another company, but that eats into your margins significantly. Amazon is already taking 30-40% just for being part of the FBA program, so you don’t exactly have a lot of wiggle room.
Finding winning products: “Hot” products are typically only popular for a few glorious months, and then they fall off. Again, that doesn’t make FBA a bad business – it just means you need to be constantly on the lookout for the next hot thing.
If you have a supplier you’re on really good terms with; sometimes they’ll drop you hints and tell you what’s about to trend. But this won’t happen until you have a history of making 6-figures with one another.
What this really means is that you need to be innovative and detail-oriented when it comes to staying on top of trends. You want to be the first one to the product, not the last one struggling to turn a profit off of the big dog’s leftovers.
There’s always the option of serving the “evergreen” markets that have always been around, but to that, I say good luck selling meal prep containers against the Tupperwares of the world.
So – we can safely add on another 3-4 hours worth of time each day trying to hunt for hot products.
Time: Despite what any Amazon FBA course seller tries to tell you, when it comes to FBA (or any e-commerce business model), you’re looking at about 3 months of serious trial, error, & testing before even making $1 back.
It could easily take 6 months or more before you’re even at break even.
And this all assumes you’re actually getting it right out of the gate, which isn’t impossible with a good program – but it’s not necessarily the norm.
To be honest, it’s not uncommon to operate at a LOSS for the first year of any new business, so I’m not bashing FBA here – I’m just talking facts based on my own personal experience selling on Amazon.
But what if you could build a different (non-FBA) income stream, and start seeing profits within your first few days?
I’m talking about a system that doesn’t have:
- Crappy margins
- A 12-month wait time before you turn a profit
- A continuous guessing wheel trying to find “hot products”
Something that you could make anywhere from $2,000 – $10,000 with consistently, month after month?
A stream of income that you can build as high (or low) as you feel like building it?
If that sounds interesting, you might want to think about becoming a Digital Landlord.
If you wanna see what Unicorn Smasher looks like on the inside, keep reading.
Unicorn Smasher Review: Overview
Unicorn Smasher, developed by the same people as AMZ Tracker, is a free product research tool for finding the best things to sell on Amazon.
You won’t have to guess about market trends, sales, revenue estimates, or anything else that matters since you’ll have hard data.
Unicorn Smasher is an ideal tool for anyone who is a newbie to the Amazon platform or looking for product information for the first time.
If you require further in-depth knowledge of a product, Unicorn Smasher isn’t the right tool for this! It won’t be able to track or assess your competitors.
Unicorn Smasher Features
The Unicorn Smasher Chrome extension provides a wealth of useful tools, and the fantastic benefits you get for using each one will ensure you never get bored.
Everything you need to locate the best-selling items and profit handsomely is included in the application, from in-depth product research to simple evaluation.
Below are the key features included in the software:
You don’t need a rocket science degree to determine why this is one of the software’s most valuable features.
Developers worked hard to provide a simple dashboard where all your data can be compiled and accessed with a single click.
The dashboard provides you with important product data such as:
- Number of sellers
- Estimates sales and revenue
In addition to this, you can also do the following:
- Keep your fave products
- Select among product alternatives or versions
- Export to CSV and get feedback.
In addition to rating and demand, the program also helps you determine a realistic estimate of the optimal selling price for your product.
To properly launch a product, you need to know if it has any chance of beating the competition. So, getting all the necessary information for your analysis is crucial to finding the right product to launch.
Fortunately, the software allows you to look at historical sales data from multiple live products. This function can assess and predict the success of your product effortlessly early on.
The only downside is that sponsored items are displayed first instead of organic ones.
Two different URLs may exist for the same product, leaving merchants confused about which to prioritize for search engine results. The program tells you that it’s the best option by displaying the product’s canonical URL.
Changes in a product’s data might be difficult to identify.
Fortunately, this issue is remedied by the Variation Statistics function, which provides merchants with detailed visual metrics for each product, making it simple to see any modifications to the product details and facilitating the prediction of the product’s performance.
Using the Export Tool and Unicorn Smasher browser plugin, you may analyze and save tabular data in plain text. The Export Tool is intended for evaluating large amounts of product data.
It also allows you to go back to any product info anytime should you need to check on something.
With the In-Browser Analysis feature, you can get all product information, such as PPC metrics or sales measurements.
This is a huge help because you can do your product search much faster, and it can also assist you with the estimates.
Like the Sales Estimates function, it operates on a matching algorithm that filters various revenue criteria, giving clear information on any product niche’s income potential.
Quick Links allows you to make your search easy, straightforward, and quick.
From your dashboard, you can readily access these links and direct you to your product listings, speeding up your product search and giving you an effortless and quick transition from one item to another.
AMZ Tracker Integration
Market gaps can be easily detected using the AMZ Tracker Integration feature.
This tool works hand-in-hand with the On-Page Analyzer, which makes product analysis more efficient and tracking your products much easier.
Using the Chrome Extension gives you valuable updates anywhere, anytime.
Unicorn Smasher: Step-By-Step Guide To Use Unicorn Smasher
- The first step is to go to Unicorn Smasher’s main website. When you get to the website, click the Unicorn Smasher option. A pop-up window will appear and ask for your email address.
- After you have keyed in your email address, you will be directed to the chrome web store. If it’s a paid version, you will have to input your credit card details.
- Next is to install the Unicorn Smasher’s chrome extension. Search for the free version and click the “Add to Chrome” option. When the installation is complete, you will see the Unicorn AMZ logo on your main window.
- Go to Amazon’s main website to start searching for a product.
- On the website, key in on the search bar the specific keyword related to your product.
- When your product search options appear, click the Unicorn Smasher icon at the uppermost right corner.
- Once you hit the icon button, you will receive the following data about your product price, market rating, ranking, and customer feedback review, to name a few.
Unicorn Smasher Pricing
As in the case of paid versions of any product, the Unicorn Smasher paid versions provide users with more accurate results.
Costs range from $25 to $350, depending on the features that you avail. So, if you opt for fewer functions, the cost will be less. More features that you add up to your Unicorn Smasher bundle would, of course, cost you more.
You will find two types of Unicorn Smasher tools – the free and paid versions.
With the Unicorn Smasher free version, you will get all the features, but it won’t give you detailed and accurate results.
The paid version does that and gives you more comprehensive information about your products.
Unicorn Smasher Free Version
- It uses a dashboard that makes managing your product search easier and more organized.
- You can use various filters or information for your product search, making your product search on-point and effortless.
- Search results can be exported to a CSV file format.
Unicorn Smasher Paid Version
- One-time and unlimited cost of $49
- More features, making your product search results more detailed and accurate.
- “Opportunity Scores” for all products are provided.
The Pros And Cons
The Pros Of Using Unicorn Smasher
- The Unicorn Smasher tool offers a free version. Their Pro version isn’t bad because it will only set you back $49, and you’ll get a lifetime license in return.
- The Unicorn Smasher gives useful product information, such as estimated sales and revenue, FBA details, rank, etc.
- The dashboard provided by the Unicorn Smasher software is user-friendly and makes your product search experience so much easier.
- The tool uses the AMZ Tracker, giving its users an alternative to searching for ways to maximize their revenue.
- Product data can be exported to a CSV file format.
- Search results can be saved in your Unicorn Smasher dashboard, which you can always go back to.
The Cons To Using Unicorn Smasher
- Several review sites and online forums claim that the Unicorn Smasher tool’s product data isn’t accurate, especially the sales estimates.
- Unfortunately, it gives you a lot of data, but not all of them are useful. Accurate data is important if you want to save time.
- Unicorn Smasher provides very poor customer service. Though it offers a free tool, note that other similar free tools have a decent customer support team.
Can You Really Make Money With Unicorn Smasher?
In general… yes, you can!
Unicorn Smasher is a tool used by dropshippers for their eCommerce business. So, if your eCommerce business is doing well, then this tool will probably make your daily routine a lot easier.
But there’s a lot that comes along with eCommerce that many people struggle with.
In fact, check out my Top 5 Reason Why eCommerce Businesses Fail.
Now, don’t get me wrong…
You can certainly make money with eCommerce, but if you’re gonna put in the amount of grueling work to do this business (which, trust me, isn’t easy), you might as well bring in some REAL money while you’re learning the ropes.
The program that helped skyrocket my online business to $40,000+ per month is so simple that making money really does become second nature.
Unicorn Smasher Review: FAQs
What Does Unicorn Smasher Do?
Unicorn Smasher functions as a tool for product research for Amazon. This software is linked to the chrome extension function, and it will assist you in displaying all product-related information.
How Much Does Unicorn Smasher Pro Cost?
Unicorn Smasher Pro ranges from $25 to $350, based on the features that your Amazon FBA program and business demand.
How Does Unicorn Smasher Compare With Jungle Scout?
The primary distinctions between Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher are as follows:
- Unicorn Smasher is a free tool that anybody may use, but Jungle Scout is a paid tool that begins at $19 a month.
- Unicorn Smasher lacks tutorials and learning resources, but Jungle Scout provides various learning materials, including the Jungle Scout Academy.
- Jungle Scout is well-known for being an industry leader and giving accurate statistics, but Unicorn Smasher has received several negative reviews claiming that the data supplied is incorrect.
Are There Alternatives To Unicorn Smasher?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue making money online. Here are just a few:
Is Unicorn Smasher A Scam?
Time for the million-dollar question: is Unicorn Smasher a scam?
No, it’s not a “scam,” technically speaking. They aren’t going to take your money and run away, leaving you empty-handed.
You can make money with the program, but not nearly as easily as Unicorn Smasher wants you to think it is.
As with most FBA businesses, there is A LOT of work that needs to be done up-front, and there is really no guarantee of you being successful.
You’ll need to get very lucky and find an awesome product no one’s heard of, and then pump a ton of volume into it while it lasts.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big proponent of front-loading work now, so you can make money later and sip out of coconuts on the beach.
But if I’m gonna do that, I want the rewards to be HIGH and virtually guaranteed.
I’d rather put in that same 3 months of work (in my spare time) & build a handful of Digital Rental Properties that each produce $500-$2,000 checks every single month afterward (AKA recurring income).
And the cool part is that you can do it in a lot less time than 3 months (I personally did it in my first 2 weeks of being a Digital Landlord).
Unlike Amazon FBA, you can do it from anywhere in the world, so it’s a genuine “laptop-lifestyle” business.
All you need is an internet connection.
Some of my friends are Digital Landlords that run their 6-figure businesses from:
- Camping trips at national parks
- Beachfront in Hawaii
- On the road in a camper van (with a pet pig!)
They focus on living an enjoyable life first, and focus on income second. All thanks to this program.
They can take weeks or months off, and money keeps rolling in.
Living happily is the top priority.
If the thought of living perpetually at your dream vacation spot interests you, being a Digital Landlord might be for you!
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2023?
I’ve personally tried all of the major online business models:
- I’ve sold fidget spinners through Amazon FBA
- I’ve drop-shipped a toilet bowl putting green on Shopify
- I’ve sold women’s health supplements via Clickbank affiliate marketing
And I made money with all of them, so trust me when I say: there is no “perfect” business model.
That being said, my #1 recommendation for making real money online is, hands-down: being a Digital Landlord.
Whether you’re a complete newbie, or you’ve been around the block before but have never had that “big win” to propel you forward, becoming a Digital Landlord is for you.
1)Time: If you’ve got a spare hour or two each day, you can do this. If you want to drop everything and go all in, you can do this. More time obviously means faster results, but even putting in a few hours per day is enough to see real success.
And because of that flexibility, you don’t need to trade your time for money. Once the income starts, it’s recurring.
That means you can take a month off, travel the country, pursue a passion project, chill on the beach, or charter a boat across the world.
But you can only do that once you’ve created an income stream that doesn’t require YOU to be there all day, every day.
2) Ownership & Control: With Amazon FBA, you don’t technically own the customer base.
Amazon could literally shut you down overnight. They have a history of kicking suppliers off their platform, or stopping payouts to affiliates for certain products once they’ve built their own.
Why pour your soul into a business that could be taken away from you at the drop of a dime?
When you’re a Digital Landlord, you literally own all of the assets, which means you have ultimate control.
3) Big Margins: With FBA, you’re often going to have really slim margins. That means you need to hit a serious scale to make serious money. This usually entails spending A LOT of money on ads and other methods for growing traffic to your product.
Being a Digital Landlord, your profit margin is nearly 100%. Watch here to learn how.
Just a reminder: these Digital Rental Properties are worth (at a minimum) $500/mo in semi-passive income. And each time you create another one, your income increases, and the effort put into creating the next property decreases.
Best-case scenario, you have properties bringing in over $3,000+/mo on auto-pilot.
4) It’s Effectively Copy-Paste: Here’s my favorite part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up, you can literally copy-paste another version of it and find another willing “renter” in a few days. DOUBLING your income doesn’t get much easier than that…
If you wanted to double your income with Amazon FBA, you would need to sell twice as much inventory, or double your profit margins. And I can guarantee you (from my fidget-spinner FBA days) that’s a lot harder than a few clicks & a phone call.
5) You’re Helping REAL People: My biggest gripe with FBA is that you’re basically only helping yourself. The world doesn’t need another B.S. gadget to consume.
It’s cool in the short term to make a quick buck, but in the long term, it gets really old, really fast.
But when you’re a Digital Landlord, you’re helping solve REAL problems that people are ASKING for help with:
Small local businesses around the world need one thing: customers. Without them, their business would fall apart. If you can provide those customers, they’re going to be really happy – and they’re going to pay you for it.
We’re not helping Jeff Bezos shoot another rocket into space – you’re helping a struggling mother or father put food on the table for their families, put their kids through college, or simply live life a little bit more comfortably.
Having this type of impact on the world is what will help you sleep soundly at night.
So, the rest is up to you. You could keep looking at other FBA programs like Unicorn Smasher, which might make you money 12 months from now.
You could keep researching and researching for the next few months (or few years), never making a concrete decision.
OR, you can look deep inside, think about those dreams, hopes, & desires, and make the decision to ACTUALLY make it happen, just like it has for thousands of other students before you.
Making a fortune while actually helping real people that need it.
If this sounds like you, click here to see how it all works.