Weekends are such a sacred and appreciated part of our lives. We look to them for so many functions from relaxation to family time, but if we aren’t careful they can throw us off our game. In the past, maybe you’ve felt like you are Richard Parker from Weekend at Bernie’s. Working on time off or not keeping up with chores can really lead to a rough Monday. If you are familiar with the weekend that leaves you feeling drained on Monday morning, change that by following the tips below. Imagine being early to work on Monday, happy and extremely productive. The key is a productive weekend. You can make that happen.
Check Out This Simple Way To Run A Digital Real Estate Empire Online
This is so simple, it should be illegal.
Table of Contents
Weekend Management Tips:
- Weekend management starts on Friday (or earlier). During the week, be keeping a list in advance of tasks you like to accomplish Saturday or Sunday. Be realistic in forming your list. If it is growing out of control, decide ahead of time what can wait until the next weekend. You don’t need an overwhelming agenda bogging you down on your time off work.
- When making your weekend task list, try allotting a certain amount of time to prepare for the coming week. These are unchanging things that are always in the weekend routine or could be added to your routine to make your week smoother. You will want to clean the house, do laundry, possibly plan meals, grocery shop for the week and even plan out your outfits. It sounds like a lot, but if you knock it all out in one day, you will be thankful you did so when you get home from work during the week.
- A common pitfall people encounter on weekends is sleeping in or eating unhealthy food. It is great to go out with friends for a nice meal and it’s even okay to splurge a little, but have some control. Over eating or snacking on junk food, excessive alcohol or sleeping until noon will make Monday ten times harder.
- Don’t blow your budget on the weekend! A common challenge on the weekend is choosing how to spend your money. Often there many tempting parties and events. It is hard to say no, but it is important to mindful of money on the weekend. Plan ahead financially so you can be certain you don’t find yourself in a bind later.
- Even if your work schedule spills into your weekend sometimes, don’t let it rule your weekend. Even if you don’t work on the weekends, you can still be guilty of carrying work home mentally and emotionally. Whatever your situation, you have to let home time be home time. If you can’t shake work thoughts away on your spare time, you will be less productive during actual work hours.
- A great way to reboot on the weekend is to touch base with loved ones and socialize. Weather you allot a twenty minute call with your parents or a dinner with friends, using weekend time to keep relationships strong will boost your happiness. Phone calls and casual meals with family friends on the weekend fills you with positive emotions when your return to work Monday.
- Don’t forget the biggest perk of weekends, which is relaxation. You need mental and physical rest. Plan ahead to make time for activities you know serve as rejuvenation for you. Maybe it is board games, maybe you golf or maybe you just catch up on your favorite shows. Whatever it is, make time for it.
Now that you’ve got the information for weekend management, your weekends and weeks will be better than ever.