From this review, you may expect to learn all the essentials of Larry Lubarsky’s Wholesale Academy (aka @WatchMeAmazon).
You may use the information in this honest Wholesale Academy review to determine whether this Amazon FBA Wholesale course is the best option for you as you work to build your wholesale company.
The truth is, having the right mentors to train you is crucial for success in building an online business, and they can make your entrepreneurial journey much smoother as you move towards your goals.
Can you trust Wholesale Academy? How about Larry Lubarsky? Is he a scam? Is it another training course that will waste your time and money? These are the basic questions you should have answers to if you’re trying to avoid being scammed.
I’m going to review multiple aspects of Wholesale Academy to decide if it really is the best Amazon FBA training platform out there.
I’ll talk about whether Amazon FBA is the right online business for you.
Wholesale Academy is pretty similar to most other FBA programs. They pitch you on the “dream” of running a profitable e-commerce business that can generate cash while you sleep.
All without having to invest much money upfront into things like inventory & advertising…
Too good to be true?
Not necessarily – Amazon FBA programs have certainly minted a few online millionaires.
It was actually one of the first online business models I made money with.
So as far as making money online goes, there are A LOT worse things you could be doing than Amazon FBA.
That being said, you shouldn’t start a business because “it’s not as bad” as some other type of business – it needs to stand on its own merits.
Choosing between the lesser of two evils always results in, ya know – evil.
So in this Wholesale Academy review, I’m going to break down exactly who FBA is good for, and who should avoid it.
There are a few important things you need to keep in mind when considering FBA as a business:
- Finding winning products
- Time (the most valuable thing of all)
Again, it’s 100% possible to make legitimate money with FBA, but it’s NOT a simple business.
Let’s talk about why:
Operations: The big pitch with FBA is that you don’t really need to do much, because Amazon handles all the heavy lifting (shipping, packing, returns, etc.).
That’s cool and all, except for the fact that Amazon actually has incredibly strict guidelines that you need to follow to even be able to ship out of their warehouses – something most programs don’t tell you about in their awesome marketing materials.
This process typically takes a solid 4-5 hours alone. So unless you have a very large team, this step is going to take up a lot of your time.
That doesn’t mean FBA is bad – it just means you need to know what you’re getting into. A “passive income business” is not what you’re going to get with Wholesale Academy.
Some courses will teach you how to outsource all of this prep to another company, but that eats into your margins significantly. Amazon is already taking 30-40% just for being part of the FBA program, so you don’t exactly have a lot of wiggle room.
Finding winning products: “Hot” products are typically only popular for a few glorious months, and then they fall off. Again, that doesn’t make FBA a bad business – it just means you need to be constantly on the lookout for the next hot thing.
If you have a supplier you’re on really good terms with, sometimes they’ll drop you hints and tell you what’s about to trend. But this won’t happen until you have a history of making 6-figures with one another.
What this really means is that you need to be innovative and detail-oriented when it comes to staying on top of trends. You want to be the first one to the product, not the last one struggling to turn a profit off of the big dog’s leftovers.
There’s always the option of serving the “evergreen” markets that have always been around, but to that, I say good luck selling meal prep containers against the Tupperwares of the world.
So – we can safely add on another 3-4 hours worth of time each day trying to hunt for hot products.
Time: Despite what any Amazon FBA course seller tries to tell you, when it comes to FBA (or any e-commerce business model), you’re looking at about 3 months of serious trial, error, & testing before even making $1 back.
It could easily take 6 months or more before you’re even at break even.
And this all assumes you’re actually getting it right out of the gate, which isn’t impossible with a good program – but it’s not necessarily the norm.
To be honest, it’s not uncommon to operate at a LOSS for the first year of any new business, so I’m not bashing FBA here – I’m just talking facts based on my own personal experience selling on Amazon.
But what if you could build a different (non-FBA) income stream, and start seeing profits within your first few days?
I’m talking about a system that doesn’t have:
- Crappy margins
- A 12-month wait time before you turn a profit
- A continuous guessing wheel trying to find “hot products”
Something that you could make anywhere from $2,000 – $10,000 consistently, month after month?
A stream of income that you can build as high (or low) as you feel like building it?
If that sounds interesting, you might want to think about becoming a Digital Landlord.
If you wanna see what Wholesale Academy looks like on the inside, keep reading.
What Is A Wholesale Business On Amazon FBA?
You must have strong partnerships with other wholesalers and distributors to turn a profit at your retail establishment.
With Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon service, third-party merchants may list and promote their items for sale on the company’s massive online marketplace.
Retail arbitrage is purchasing discounted products from physical stores and reselling them on Amazon with a markup.
Online arbitrage is the practice of purchasing low-cost merchandise from online retailers and reselling the same items on Amazon with a price markup…
Exclusive Brand Deals are establishing a relationship with brands and negotiating a deal that allows you to sell their products on Amazon exclusively.
Private Label is the method of creating your own physical products and selling them on Amazon.
So, wholesale is quite an appealing business model that has the potential to help you create a solid online business.
Who Is Larry Lubarsky? Is Larry Lubarsky Legit?
In 2017, Larry started documenting his foray into entrepreneurship on Instagram under the moniker “Watch Me Amazon,” although he had worked for Amazon since 2012.
He “eats, sleeps, and shits Amazon,” as proven by his extraordinary success in the industry over his eight years there.
With his successful 8-figure money-making business under his belt, Larry wanted to begin sharing his experience as a massive advocate and supporter of Gary Vee’s message.
What Is Wholesale Academy & Its Courses?
When you enroll in Wholesale Academy, you’ll get access to a complete online course that will teach you how to start your own Amazon Wholesale business.
This training program features a supportive online group and Larry’s expert mentoring for its participants.
The program makes no assumptions and teaches everyone – from the simplest techniques for a beginner to the most advanced tactics for the more experienced ones.
Below is a breakdown of the course outline:
Module 1: Orientation
Module 1 introduces the overall structure of the training program. It serves as an introduction to the course and a summary of its contents.
Module 2: Understanding The Business
Module 2 of Wholesale Academy focuses on Amazon’s business strategy. What is it you’re constructing?
- Selling On Amazon 101: You learn the basics of selling on Amazon in this lesson. This is fantastic for first-time sellers.
- The Wholesale Business Model: This module teaches exactly what a Wholesale Business Model is.
- Seller Central 101: This can be intimidating initially, but not until Larry walks you through the entire process.
- Getting Started: This incredibly detailed 60-minute video delves deep into how you can get started with your online business journey.
Module 3: Finding Profitable Suppliers
This is the point at which you start working to find your providers. It’s great that you can start putting your new knowledge into practice by searching for potential sales. It’s wonderful that a detailed tutorial is provided for people with varying familiarity with technological processes.
- Into Wholesale Sourcing: Finding vendors who carry your products is the heart of this business model, and Larry offers a fantastic insight into what you can expect from this module.
- Online Search: This is a one-hour lecture about finding your suppliers.
- Category Filtering: This is the second technique for locating your vendors, which runs for 1 hour and 14 minutes.
- Leaf Sourcing: This is the third technique for locating vendors. The lesson runs for 57 minutes.
- Software Filtering: This is the fourth technique for locating vendors. The lesson runs for 1 hour and 2 minutes.
- Targeting the Competition: Another incredible lesson of 54 minutes of in-depth video.
- Tradeshow Lists: Larry discusses trade shows, their importance, and how to locate them near you.
- The Secret To Success Of Wholesale Accounts: The value of this lesson is equivalent to the entire program’s value.
- Contacting Distributors and Wholesalers: Contacting vendors is an important aspect of wholesale, and Larry shows you the whole process – including templates and scripts.
- Contacting Brands: This lesson will help you develop your 7 figure Amazon FBA business.
- From Leads to Profits: This lesson shows you the method of converting leads into profits.
Module 4: Buying The Right Products
This is the deciding moment for every company considering the Amazon FBA business model. If you make poor product choices, your company may never recover from the damage done. Module 4 prevents you from making this error by guiding you through the process step-by-step.
Module 5: Shipping & Logistics
This is where Larry shows you how your products can be shipped to Amazon.
- Amazon Shipping 101: Discover the fundamentals of shipping to Amazon.
- Creating Shipments: You will be taught the proper shipment process and send your products to Amazon effortlessly.
- Product Preparation: Larry explains how to prepare your products properly.
Module 6: Managing Your Inventory
If you want to avoid running out of inventory at any time, Larry will show you how to do it in this module.
Module 7: Account Health
Your Amazon Seller Central Account is the lifeblood of your business. Thus, this module is essential to maintaining its peak condition at all times.
- Account Health: You will be taught how to control the company’s account health.
- Dealing With Customers: You will be taught how to handle client relationships better.
- Removing Negative Feedback: You get tips here on removing negative feedback, if any.
- Account Management: You get to learn how to handle your account properly.
Module 8: Growing Your Business
What comes next after an incredible eight modules? Larry isn’t done yet.
- How To Succeed In Wholesale – Discover what it takes to be a long-term authority figure in wholesale.
- Graduation – You get to know what your next steps are after you graduate from the program.
- Continuing Education – Larry provides EXTRA material for those who wish to keep learning about this business model.
Wholesale Academy Preview: How To Find Profitable Suppliers?
Who Is Wholesale Academy For?
If this describes you, Wholesale Academy could just be the perfect fit for you:
- You want to create a long-term, profitable online business by selling wholesale and doing Amazon FBA.
- You want to establish firm foundations to help your company grow into multiple eight-figures.
- You’re a hard worker committed to the process in the long run rather than the short term.
They are true of any successful person in general. Because building a business requires time and work, there is no shortcut to financial success.
Who Is Wholesale Academy NOT For?
Wholesale Academy will not work for you if you are this person:
- You expect to make money right away. It’ll take some time for you to execute this system.
- You’re too busy to devote time to the program. With this kind of training, it’s necessary to take massive steps.
- You have no interest in businesses involving physical products.
- Learning new skills isn’t your thing, and you’re terrified of attempting to solve problems.
The reality is that building this kind of business would be ambitious and would necessitate a tremendous amount of work and commitment.
Wholesale Academy Bonus Training
Wholesale Academy offers the following bonus training:
- Coaching live calls twice a month
- Bundles 101 course
- Guest training from other industry experts
- 3 months of free software access
- Amazon UK/EU Course
- Resource Library
Are There Alternatives To Wholesale Academy?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue making money online. Here are just a few:
Conclusion: Is Wholesale Academy A Scam?
Time for the million-dollar question: is Wholesale Academy a scam?
No, it’s not a “scam,” technically speaking. They aren’t going to take your money and run away, leaving you empty-handed.
You can make money with the program, but not nearly as easily as Larry Lubarsky wants you to think it is.
As with most FBA businesses, there is A LOT of work that needs to be done up-front, and there is really no guarantee of you being successful.
You’ll need to get very lucky and find an awesome product no one’s heard of, and then pump a ton of volume into it while it lasts.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big proponent of front-loading work now, so you can make money later and sip out of coconuts on the beach.
But if I’m gonna do that, I want the rewards to be HIGH and virtually guaranteed.
I’d rather put in that same 3 months of work (in my spare time) & build a handful of Digital Rental Properties that each produce $500-$2,000 checks every single month afterward (AKA recurring income).
And the cool part is that you can do it in a lot less time than 3 months (I personally did it in my first 2 weeks of being a Digital Landlord).
Unlike Amazon FBA, you can do it from anywhere in the world, so it’s a genuine “laptop-lifestyle” business.
All you need is an internet connection.
Some of my friends are Digital Landlords that run their 6-figure businesses from:
- Camping trips at national parks
- Beachfront in Hawaii
- On the road in a camper van (with a pet pig!)
They focus on living an enjoyable life first, and focus on income second. All thanks to this program.
They can take weeks or months off, and money keeps rolling in.
Living happily is the top priority.
If the thought of living perpetually at your dream vacation spot interests you, being a Digital Landlord might be for you!
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2023?
I’ve personally tried all of the major online business models:
- I’ve sold fidget spinners through Amazon FBA
- I’ve drop-shipped a toilet bowl putting green on Shopify
- I’ve sold women’s health supplements via Clickbank affiliate marketing
And I made money with all of them, so trust me when I say: there is no “perfect” business model.
That being said, my #1 recommendation for making real money online is, hands-down: being a Digital Landlord.
Whether you’re a complete newbie, or you’ve been around the block before but have never had that “big win” to propel you forward, becoming a Digital Landlord is for you.
1)Time: If you’ve got a spare hour or two each day, you can do this. If you want to drop everything and go all-in, you can do this. More time obviously means faster results, but even putting in a few hours per day is enough to see real success.
And because of that flexibility, you don’t need to trade your time for money. Once the income starts, it’s recurring.
That means you can take a month off, travel the country, pursue a passion project, chill on the beach, or charter a boat across the world.
But you can only do that once you’ve created an income stream that doesn’t require YOU to be there all day, every day.
2) Ownership & Control: With Amazon FBA, you don’t technically own the customer base.
Amazon could literally shut you down overnight. They have a history of kicking suppliers off their platform, or stopping payouts to affiliates for certain products once they’ve built their own.
Why pour your soul into a business that could be taken away from you at the drop of a dime?
When you’re a Digital Landlord, you literally own all of the assets, which means you have ultimate control.
3) Big Margins: With FBA, you’re often going to have really slim margins. That means you need to hit a serious scale to make serious money. This usually entails spending A LOT of money on ads and other methods for growing traffic to your product.
Being a Digital Landlord, your profit margin is nearly 100%. Watch here to learn how.
Just a reminder: these Digital Rental Properties are worth (at a minimum) $500/mo in semi-passive income. And each time you create another one, your income increases, and the effort put into creating the next property decreases.
Best-case scenario, you have properties bringing in over $3,000+/mo on auto-pilot.
4) It’s Effectively Copy-Paste: Here’s my favorite part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up, you can literally copy-paste another version of it and find another willing “renter” in a few days. DOUBLING your income doesn’t get much easier than that…
If you wanted to double your income with Amazon FBA, you would need to sell twice as much inventory, or double your profit margins. And I can guarantee you (from my fidget-spinner FBA days) that’s a lot harder than a few clicks & a phone call.
5) You’re Helping REAL People: My biggest gripe with FBA is that you’re basically only helping yourself. The world doesn’t need another B.S. gadget to consume.
It’s cool in the short term to make a quick buck, but in the long-term, it gets really old, really fast.
But when you’re a Digital Landlord, you’re helping solve REAL problems that people are ASKING for help with:
Small local businesses around the world need one thing: customers. Without them, their business would fall apart. If you can provide those customers, they’re going to be really happy – and they’re going to pay you for it.
We’re not helping Jeff Bezos shoot another rocket into space – you’re helping a struggling mother or father put food on the table for their families, put their kids through college, or simply live life a little bit more comfortably.
Having this type of impact on the world is what will help you sleep soundly at night.
So, the rest is up to you. You could keep looking at other FBA programs like Wholesale Academy, which might make you money 12 months from now.
You could keep researching and researching for the next few months (or few years), never making a concrete decision.
OR, you can look deep inside, think about those dreams, hopes, & desires, and make the decision to ACTUALLY make it happen, just like it has for thousands of other students before you.
Making a fortune while actually helping real people that need it.
If this sounds like you, click here to see how it all works.