Leadership Effectiveness: Strategic Planning
In this month’s Center for Work Life vlog, Dr. Farnaz Namin explains the main components of strategic planning in correlation to leadership effectiveness.
Importance of a Strategic Plan:
- Clarifies the purpose of the business
- Strengthens a company’s competitive advantage
- Gives focus and direction to leaders and employees
- Helps staff understand organizational strategy
- Provides direction for operations
- Makes financial progress and decisions simpler
Complaining won’t yield success, lack of planning won’t yield positive results, and neither will sticking rigidly to a plan. However, well-conceptualized and flexible plans will enable success. As Jeff Bezos said “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy” (Brainy Quotes).